My name is Mitch Tétrault, and I will be the Director of Golf. Some of you might remember me, I was employed at La Verendrye Golf from 1992 – 2011, with the final ten years as part-owner and Director of Golf. In 2011, I moved on to pursue another career with HyLife, where I’m leaving my role as Director of Procurement. HyLife was great to me and my family and I will miss that wonderful company, but I am really excited to be back in the golf industry following my passion in my hometown of La Broquerie. I am looking forward to seeing customers I have not seen in years as well as meeting new ones.
Ken and I would like to thank the Gauthier Family for building the Golf course back in 1991, which was a huge investment in the future of our community. Thanks to Gil Dubé, the owner for the past 20 years as well as Darren Dundas who was his business partner for the majority of that time. This course means so much to our community and they have worked very hard over the years to ensure we have a beautiful golf course in La Broquerie. We are very excited to start a new chapter and you can expect that we will be implementing some changes which we feel will be positives. We are also excited that Darren Dundas will be staying with us as the Golf Course Superintendent.
I will be working hard preparing for the upcoming golf season and ask for your patience as we develop our new website. Although our website is not ready, I wanted to share the 2021 Membership options as well as a Discount Card we are offering. We have an Early Bird special offering 10% off Memberships until February 1, 2021.
We will be offering advertising opportunities with options that include free golf passes.
Here are a few changes that we can share with you so far:
NEW NAME – LA BROQUERIE GOLF
- New website – labgolf.ca (Currently being developed)
- New logo to commemorate the original logo from 1991
18TH HOLE CHANGING FROM A PAR 4 TO A PAR 3
- We are keeping the green as is and moving the tee-box between #1 Tee and #2 Green, which will make for a beautiful Par 3 with a tee-shot over the pond.
- This will allow us to develop Mature Adult Living (55+) on the golf course itself, where we currently have the 18th fairway. Waiting on final approval from the R.M. of La Broquerie.
- We will be promoting the Mature Adult Living rentals and there’s already a waiting list
9TH HOLE GOING BACK TO A PAR 5
- The blue tees will be moved back 36 yards to its original distance playing as a Par 5 at 488 yards
- The white tees will have 2 options; Par 5 from 452 or Par 4 from 363 for those who don’t want to hit over the water
New Cart Shed with Large Deck between Pro-shop and Practice Green
- This will allow us to park and charge the carts in the pick-up area itself rather than needing to park them in the tent further away
- The cart shed can also serve as a large gathering area for tournaments as an alternative to being in the clubhouse
- The deck will be a nice place to enjoy refreshments before or after a round, while being on the ground level and close to the action on the course.
New fleet of Power Carts
- 50 Brand New State of the art E-Z-GO Lithium Electric Golf Carts (very exciting!!!!)
We’ve interchanged the 9’s in our layout
- This might take some getting used to, but the front nine will now be the back nine and vice versa
- This will allow us to finish with a Par 5 rather than a Par 3, which creates more excitement on a finishing hole in tournament play
- This will allow for quick pick-up of food & beverage items at the turn
New Restaurant – Name is TBD
- There will be a pick-up window in front of the clubhouse
- Golfers can order from the course to pick up food at the turn
- Ice Cream available
Miniature Golf Course
- Introducing a new 18-hole miniature golf course
Much more in the works including:
- Building off our already popular Men’s League
- Bringing back a Ladies League or Ladies night
- Introducing a Senior’s League or Senior’s day
- Monthly His & Hers nights
- Bridge upgrades
- Bringing back the ever-popular Summer Spectacular Hole-in-one tournament, where all 18 holes are converted into par 3’s with big money up for grabs at every hole for a hole-in-one, and much more!